Sunday 17 October 2010

Sunday Challenge

Happy Sunday everyone! October is another month that seems to be running away with me. I can't believe we're half way through it already and we're on our third challenge today. Try this one on for size:

My house is slowly but surely being taken over by scrapbooking supplies. I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way. It's not physically possile to use them all at the rate I buy them, so I'm always looking for new ways to use things up. This week, I want to see you all WEARING your stash! OK, I don't expect you to make paper ball gowns (although you can if you wish!), but a little something like a piece of jewelery, hair accessory or brooch shouldn't cause you too much trouble :)

There is some great inspiration for this out there (especially on etsy) but to get you started, here's what the design team did:

Guest Designer Justina:
I dug out ribbons and lace from my stash, along with an old fake pearl necklace, tied them together, and attached them to a Prima flower that I had for ages (but never got down to using since it was rather large). Ice stickles was added to the petal edges for some extra shine! This now hangs on my diaper bag, I think it helps to make the clunky (and usually overstuffed bag) look prettier... :)

Amanda:


I used some memory glass from Ranger as the basis for my necklace. I've had it in my drawer for what seems like FOREVER. I'd never even opened the box until now. I wanted to keep it fairly simple and wearable, so just used a simple clear sticker between the glass. I then added a turquoise pendant that came off of an old belt, along with a bead, a crystal and some velvet ribbon to hold it all together. It didn't take long to use up some old bits and pieces and turn them into something fun :)

Anna:

I made this brooch from some lace and ribbon from my stash and added a sequin and bead to the centre of each flower.


Lisa:


Since having my hair cut recently and having a fringe(bangs)added, I've been enjoying wearing hair clips again.
So, I've taken a Basic Grey cozy posie, added some wire around one of the little petals and twisted around very tightly to a plain hair grip. And there you have it. A Basic Grey hair slide : )


Tessa:


Although I like to think that I make good use of my scrap drawer, it always seems to be overflowing. So, I took a scrap piece of Crate Paper paper and cut it into triangular strips. I rolled the strips and secured the ends with glue. Several coats of decoupage varnish later, I had pretty beads to make a bracelet with. I wouldn't consider the bracelet waterproof, but it has worn well and gets a lot of compliments.


Valerie:

For this fun project I decided to make a headband for my daughter. She's pretty girly so I knew flowers were a must. I started by wrapping a thin plastic headband with brown satin ribbon, approximately 3/4" wide. The crocheted flowers, made by a friend, were embellished with ruffled ribbon that was woven through the holes. I then added the 'blingy' centers. Here it is on my model:
and here's a close up:
materials: ruffled ribbon: Making Memories; bling: Prima; flowers: handmade; headband: Goody; satin ribbon: craft supply

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic projects, ladies! I think I'll make a headband this morning, and a necklace is going on my list of crafty things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an AMAZING idea!! Loveeeeeeeeee what everyone created! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all these ideas! i have to get moving, my stash is outta control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my latest wheeze for using up stash to wear ... Button bracelets ... made from chipboard!
    http://just-jimjams.blogspot.com/2010/11/scoubi-doings.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!