Sunday 31 October 2010

Sunday Challenge

Today our lovely Sara has created a sketch for us. Most of our DT love sketches, and we know a lot of you guys do too, so we're going to make it a regular feature - the last Sunday of each month will be our sketch Sunday.


But... did you think we wouldn't notice that it's halloween today? Along with the sketch, you need to make your page with a halloween theme! If you don't celebrate halloween where you live then feel free to use a different holiday theme.

Don't forget that you have until 6th November to upload any of the October challenges and add a link to the Inlinkz sidebar :)

We're really sad to see Justina go but she's certianly going out with a bang with her lovely take on the sketch this week. Thank you so much for being a part of the team Justina. We've loved having you on board:

We don't celebrate Halloween over here, so I decided to scrap a simple piece about the first time we brought my son, Jude to the Mid-autumn lantern festival. I drew clouds inspired by those I've seen in some chinese paintings, using stickles, and distressed them to give them some colour, and added a lantern made using acetate paper and half a disposable chopstick. Since the festival is celebrated when there's a full moon, I added a moon behind the clouds too, using glimmer mist.

Amanda:
I rotated the sketch 180 degrees and did go a bit wayward, but it's there, honest!

Anna:

I don't really celebrate Halloween, I've never really been into it. I don't mind pumpkins like this, it's quite a nice autumn sight but I got really frightened by the carved pumpkins faces when I was young and I still dredge seeing them now!! So this is as far as I go with Halloween! I don't even own any Halloween patterned papers so I used some Halloween type coloured papers, distressed them and drew some cobwebs to give it a bit more of a spooky effect.
Fabi:
Material used: Basil cardstock cream, Papers: Webster, MM, Bo Bunny;
flowers: prima; hipboard: WRMK, leaves (plastic/no brand flowers),
green paiting/glue; glimmer mist green forest

We don't have Hallowen in Brazil...only some schools have a small party, based on the US holiday so kids go to school and play about, etc. But is not traditional here. So for this challenge Ive scrapped about other holiday: Xmas! This was a great chance as I still had Xmas pictures from last year not scrapped (does this happens only with me or you remember your Xmas pictures just when another one is close?! lol).
Pedro loves to go to the shopping center and take pictures with Santa (he still believes he is the real one). And here a close up on the details. Ive used some leaves from those plastic flowers and added an extra adding some glitter to it. And to add a bit of layer to the paper, Ive used some glue/painting to reinforce some of the paper design.

Lisa:
Nic:I loved using the sketch to create this:

The halloween theme was a bit more tricky as now my son is all grown up, we don't tend to really celebrate this holiday any more and we don't have any photos from the times when we did. This fact was echoed in my stash, as after searching through it all I only had the one piece of halloween themed paper! Not to be defeated, I had the idea of creating a page about my son's scooby dooby doo room guard toy which he loved in his younger days. And after all, scooby and his gang were the ultimate ghostly goings on crime solvers............so a bit of a halloween link there ;-)

Rebekah:

As previously dicussed I don't do Halloween and I'm therefore Halloweened out with my one LO already done :) So I decided to scrap some of last year's Christmas photos that have been sat on the side for the last 10 months waiting to be scrapped. I flipped the sketch upside down so that the title could go in the top left hand corner. I used The Glitter Girls Collection 'Treasured Memories' embossing board to give the LO an embossed edge which I inked to show it off. I also used the board to create the box below the photos. The paper's are My Minds Eye 'So Sophie', which I love.

Tessa:


I had so much fun with this layout! My fingers were black and blue when I was done playing with gesso, mist, ink, paint, and more ink. This was a very pretty sheet of Parisian Anthology paper, but now - oh so creepy! I wish I could take a photograph that does it justice. I used a photo editing site to create the scary effects on my picture (a la Rebekah's Wednesday extra!). Happy Halloween everyone!

Valerie:Love a good sketch challenge and I'm looking forward to having one every month here at The Studio! Thanks to Sara for this one! I pretty much stuck with the program. I liked how the title balanced the photo so I didn't change very much. I did add a little block at the top to repeat the black accent from the frames.


materials: patterned paper: Basic Grey, Studio Calico; Girl's Paperie packaging; rub on: Hambly; frames, brad: K & Co; token: letter stickers: Making Memories, Sassafras Lass; journal spot: Basic Grey; Tim Holtz; string: Stampin Up; words: Scrap Rat; sticker: October Afternoon; washi tape, sewing

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhh I love love love sketches!! This one is FAB and loving what everyone made! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the variety of looks from one sketch :). Great job, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work, as always, girls!

    So sad to see you go, Jus! We've loved having you, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!