Sunday 1 May 2011

1st May - Layout Challenge

Time for another layout challenge.
Today challenge is to: Create a double page layout with at least 3 photos.
I know some may find double layouts difficult and maybe some of you haven't even made one yet like a couple of our design team so now is the time to create one! It's not as bad as you think!

Anna
The photos were taken last weekend, we went to see my brother, Sister-in-law and nephew for the day as they were on holiday in Dorset. We had a lovely day it was like summer it was so hot! I wanted the layouts to show the fun that we had so I used lots of  pretty colours. I used Echo Park's Springtime range, paint and embellishments from the April kit from The Make and Create Shop!

Heather
I don't do 2-pagers often because I am intimidated by them, regardless of how many photos I am using.  I usually do 2 pagers using some sort of grid. I had 13 photos that I wanted to use of my baby's first steps so I tried to break them up in batches to make it look more like two separate yet cohesive pages. I chose to use limited pattern paper because I already had so many photos so I used paint, mist and stencils and then accented with paper borders.
 
Nadia
WOW! This was challenging! I have NEVER made a double before and I didn't even know what to do! LOL..So in essence, I created 2 layouts using the same photos and materials and on the one layout just focused on the big photo, while the other one I added the journalling and title.

Teresa
I was a little nervous about this challenge - this is my first ever double layout. I must say, I quite like the larger format.  I have a feeling it will be the first of many doubles :)
I used Bazzill Kraft, together with some Kaisercraft patterned paper from their Candy Lane range.
The orange puffy alpha is from Thickers and the white corrugated one is from Scrapware:
The piece of whirly-twirly cotton adds a whimsical, playful touch, and the rub ons from Rouge de Garance add little splashes of colour here and there.

We would love to see your doubles so please link them up in the side bar!

5 comments:

  1. I loved the challenge of today's proposal, double pages are wonderful and the work of you were perfect!! I have already put the link of my work! Bjs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pages, ladies! You rocked the double layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great challenge and loveeeeeeee what everyone created! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did mine!
    I linked yet, but I'm not sure the Mr. Linky is correct, because you said "linked your projects until may 1st"
    ????????
    xx
    Leila

    I posted in my blog, here: http://lolo-artesanato.blogspot.com/2011/05/boa-tarde.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what everyone created.
    kisses
    ju

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!