Sunday 21 April 2013

21st April - Masks

Today we challenge you to get messy by using masks and stencils. Have you got some masks hiding away that you haven't used for a while? If so it's time to get them out!

Anna

 I used a stencils to make my background for this layout, then I used another one to create the chevron shapes too! Don't worry this layout is not really about fish brains, that's just what my sister called the empty fish eggs cases that we saw on the beach!!


Chantelle


I love using templates/mists/texture paste to my page to give it that mixed media feel.  For this page I've used some light mist in the background and texture paste with a template.

Daphne
I have a few masks at home I must admit, but haven't used them with texture paint very often!
But have a look - this is such an easy and effective technique, right?
I used a mask by Studio Calico and white texture paste on a light blue background. Looks a bit like clouds there, don't you think?

Hilde

I love when people use mist on their layouts, but for some reason it doesn't work for me - I have no idea how many times I have tried, but I just can't get it right. But the combinations of stencils and ink, masks and modelling paste work as a charm, so I stick to that :-)  
All the dots (except the transparent rain drops) are made with the same mask (Prima). I have inked, doodled and used modelling paste to make the patterns and texture. The same techniques are used with two other chevron stencils: I covered parts of them with washi tape to leave the arrows only.

Katherine
I love masks and stencils, and they can be used in lots of different ways.  I started with some blue and brown glimmer mist, then I also used the cog masks to print on the page as well.  Using texture paste with masks is also a favourite, so I added some bricks and then layered up all my papers and the photos on top.

Kat
I had a lot of fun with this.  I used a mask from Studio Calico and I used the majority of mists from my stash...love the colorful result!

Petra
For some reason this page was a bit hard for me to make, perhaps because I chose to use a tiny bit purple which is a color that I prefer not to use LOL. The picture is when me and my best scrappy friend took a fish spa. One of my kids came with us and he found it hillarious.

Guest designer - Mandy Dodd

Don't forget our lovely sponsor this month is Bellaboo, if you join in with either of our April challenges before the end of the month you could win a £15 voucher to use in their shop. 
Getting creating, we would love to see what you came up with!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!